Chapel Allerton Winter Appeal
Winter is a fun and festive time for most, but less so for others, especially in this most difficult of years. Each year, cara makes good use of our membership fees by donating to good causes in the local area and across Leeds, on behalf of our members.
This Winter, we are pleased to be able to donate £250 each to three fantastic causes: Leeds North & West Foodbank, Zarach, a charity supporting disadvantaged children in Leeds, and the Royal Voluntary Service supporting the elderly.
We are now calling on everyone in Chapel Allerton to donate much needed food and gifts for disadvantaged children and families this Christmas, via the North and West Leeds Foodbank.
How can you help?
Any food is welcome, but particularly needed at the moment are:
- Longlife food, longlife fruit juice, powdered milk, and tinned food
- Items for Christmas boxes, such as savoury crackers, tins of sweets or biscuits, tins of ham
- Christmas crackers and Advent calendars
- New (boxed) toys (to be Covid-safe)
You can drop off items at:
Chapel Allerton Co-op, 1 Stainbeck Lane, LS7 3PJ. The collection box is inside the store, by the exit doors. Anytime during open hours.
Bracken Edge Primary School, Newton Garth, LS7 4HE. Main School Office, Mondays and Tuesdays between 10am-2pm.
A massive Thank You to the Co-op and Bracken Edge for being part of this collection drive.
You may prefer to donate financially to Zarach (for children), to the Foodbank (for families), or the Royal Voluntary Service (for the elderly). We have launched a JustGiving page for each, with the hope we can raise another £250 for each cause, to match the cara donations.
You can donate via either link below:
We really hope that Chapel Allerton can come together to make a massive difference to neighbours near and far, of all ages, this Christmas.
The cara team x
Here are some other appeals and donation pages currently requesting support this winter.
- Give 50 Leeds Care Leavers A Happy Christmas.
- Make Christmas hampers and well-being packages for vulnerable young people and their families involved in Leeds Childrens' services.
- Help someone with a limb difference have a brighter future, and maybe win a hamper!